Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tired, Frustrated, Bummed

In the last 24 hours I've had about 2.5 hours of sleep. When I finished my shift at 0730, then had a staff meeting. After the staff meeting I had to go to a self-defense class because I work in ER. Finally I got to go home and sleep a few hours before the repair men for charter came over to fix the internet. After they left I was in desperate need of going grocery shopping. I was able to get all the food I'll need for the next few weeks; which is a nice feeling.

After grocery shopping I went to Lowes. It's been getting pretty hot during the day, and it makes trying to sleep very uncomfortable/difficult (night shift stinks). I bought a small little water-cooler. One which I can put water in and push it to where I need it. It's a indoor one (or at least I'm making it one!).

Anywho After all that I came home made something to eat. With some help I was able to put together the water-cooler. I got several phone calls during this process which just me very angry at certain people and situations. Both of which I have little control over, unless I was able to win the lottery. I know part of it's I'm sleep deprived, and once I finally go to sleep for the night I'll feel a lot better. But right now I'm a hot head! People assume that because I'm a nurse and done with school, I automatically have large amounts of money & unlimited time off. I sometimes over-react too much when my buttons are pushed. Mainly because people aren't looking at whats happing on my end. I try hard to see everyones point of view. I try to be none judgmental and understanding to personal situations but it seems that I don't get that.

Ok I need to stop. Actually
as I write this out I'm reminded of what Jesus taught (see below) and I see that I have a lot of room for improvement. It reminds me that I should not get hostile with others. I can't control them. I can not control a lot of what life brings. But I can control everything I do and how I respond to those problems. Ok I'm done for today, going to do dishes and go to bed. Take care. <3>


"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

1 comment:

S'mee said...

I am always impressed with your personal adventure and attitude about doing things for your self and being self sufficient!

I am hoping that you get the rest and recovery you seek, and that your cell phone disconnects during the appropriate times. ; >