Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Wanna Get Away!

Last night was another fun filled night of saving lives at General Hospital. It was extremely busy but in the morning in managed to let up a little and I got an interesting ICU patient which kept me just busy enough to not get bored. I slept today and in a few hours I'll go on back.

Some of the people (co-workers) I have the opportunity to work with are amazing. But there are several problem children that can make work so difficult. I asked the tech who was assigned to work on my side to do an EKG he gives me the an attitude but finally does it. I ask another tech if they'd dip a urine same freaken thing. We used to have really good techs at General but now we got these retarded lazy people who don't know what hardwork is. When I need a patient taken up nowhere to be found a single tech... guess they all left for "Tech Land".

These techs assume that the nurses are being lazy by asking them, but they need to keep in mind what's happening on my end. They have no idea how much has to be done by the nurses. have to do.

I started at General as a tech I did their job. And their job is to help the nurses and doctors. When I worked as a tech I was the ONLY one for the whole ER and ran my rear-end off for 12 hours. Now there are at least 6 techs on the floor. They get so put out to work but they seem to have plenty of time to sit and bullshit at the nurses station. I wish I had their job sit and not work and get paid. Last night only one of the 3 million techs working was worth a hill of beans and was very helpful. And the sad thing is this guy was not even assigned to work with me but he could see things needed to be done and went to work.

My thinking is that if I'm sitting around doing nothing and I see another nurse running her butt of I'm going to see what I can do to help. I don't understand how these techs can see that the entire ER is going nuts and just stand and do nothing.

Okay I know that won't change anything but it makes me feel better now that I've vented!

Tonight is my last night this week. I think after class on Friday I'm just going to go for a little trip somewhere. Maybe go camping again or drive to see family... who knows. Anywho, peach out for now. :-)

No comments: