Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't Speed

Today I was able to buy a washing machine. It's used, I got it on craigslist, it's pretty awesome. I've been waiting for the right deal to come up, finally I got one. I jumped on it and bought it. The only problem was getting back to my apartment. A friend of mine with a truck came and helped me move it. Let me tell you about the ride to pick it up.

So "Speedy" comes over picks me up and precedes to drive to the other end of town to pick up. I have NEVER been in fear of my life more so then this 20 minute drive across town! He drives a F-350 truck, raised, with some supped up stuff that makes it go 0-70 in about 5 seconds. We had to take a dirt road for part of the trip which felt like we were going to roll out of control at any second.

This nice young man was trying man conversation however due to my overwhelming fear I was unable to talk. Seriously it was so scary. You know that guy on the freeway who in a big ol' truck and weaves in and out of traffic at about 95 mph... that was this man!

I was very thankful that this man was able to help me get this a washer; but I don't think I could stand to have this horrific experience again.

No comments: