Monday, January 28, 2008

Life Is Good

Today was my first day as an IPN (during the time I wait to take boards, I'm called an IPN). It's exciting and scary at the same time to start a new job. I have hospital orientation for the next three days. I learned about the Sisters who started the hospital, and the hard work that was put into it. And the values and mission of the hospital. Something that I find very cool, mainly because I've worked for them before, is that they really do live up to their mission and the values. They put the patients and their families first and make changes so that the nurses and other staff can give excellent care to them. This hospital is the really the best hospital the area. Although I'm not looking forward to working on nights; I am looking forward to working for the best. I know that I will learn so much and it has a lot of room for me to grow. I'm still really nervous about working and making sure I know everything. But I know that God will direct. He will assist me in remembering the things I need, in order to care for my patients and be able to learn the many new things that I will have as I embark on this new journey. It's a real blessing also to work for this hospital because I live so close; if I walk it's about 15 min. But riding my bike it's only maybe two minutes.

On another note this video is so funny!

No comments: