Tuesday, January 8, 2008

FIRE!!!!!!

Right now I'm sitting in my beautiful apartment. I started a fire in my fireplace for the first time ever (in this apartment). Now I'm sitting right next to it. It's so warm. The fire brings such a comforting feeling. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in this big 'ol place. It's nice to just look at the fire; flames flickering with the occasional soft pop from the wood. Until today I never really paid attention to all the colors that are in fire. Of course you got orange, but also so many different shades of red and yellow; as well as blue and a hint of purple. Having a nice warm calming fire tonight brings back a lot of memories. Growing up my family used a wood burning stove to heat our house (and they still do) I remember sitting next to the fire and feeling warm and being around people I loved so much. Most of the things we did in the winter time as a family were near the fireplace. This last Christmas as I was visiting my parents I got to have that feeling again. We were sitting in the living room playing phase, 10 in front of the fire, feeling so toasty and comfortable; laughing and enjoying each others company. The flames are so beautiful it really is amazing. Yes I love fire. It has a therapeutic effect, I've been stressing about my board exam all day today, but now sitting here it just seems like everything will work out okay.

No comments: