Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Can't Sleep

This evening I got so nervous and worried about my NCLEX exam (which is coming up soon) that I finally decided I need to stop thinking about it for a few, so I went to bed at 8pm. Now it's 2am and I'm wide awake. So I'm just going to get up and start studying again.

But before I do that I'm going to share my two cents! I love to go visit my Grandparents. They live a few states over and I go several times a year to visit. There home has a great feeling, I feel so loved when I go to visit. The community they live in neighbors actually talk to each other and not only that they also come over to visit! What neighbors could be friends?!? The thought never occurred, until I'm visiting. I only know one of my neighbors and that's because we went to school together. The people I share the wall of my apartment wall (in case that didn't make since, the people next door) are so grumpy! It's not like we have to be friends, but hey we do live right next to each other, if I said "Hi" the nice thing to say is "hello" or something similar back; instead I get snarled at.

But I digress, the reason I brought up my Grandparents is, my grandma has a picture frame in her house it has a picture of a Shepard and sheep. And says something like "when you can sleep don't count sheep, when you could talk to the Shepard". It's an interesting thought which I have used. In school one time we were discussing how therapeutic prayer is. To just talk to someone about your concerns, worries, and thoughts is soothing. Prayer takes a load off. I can say, "I did this which was good, I did this that was bad, and I'm worried/scared about this" and for some reason it makes me feel better! I don't think I've ever gotten any amazing answers, just thoughts/ideas on what may work.

Another thing about prayer, not only the therapeutic affect, but for me as a Christian, it is a time to talk with my God. To thank Him for saving my soul and ask for His continued mercy.

2 comments:

S'mee said...

Your grandparents seem like really neat people, you have a definite blessing there.

Cool video.

Creepy header. yeah, I know. I'm old, but that thing creeps me waaaay out.

Red said...

I am very blessed to have them. One of the greatest blessing I have.

btw I changed the pic just for you! I didn't want you feeling creepy every time you came to my blog :-)