Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Banana Bread

At my little apartment I had an abundance of bananas which were going to go bad if I didn't eat them. I used to like bananas but there was a point in my life where all I ate was pb&j and bananas because it was cheap. Now I find them somewhat nauseating to eat. But I hate to see good food go to waste. And my parents gave me a fruit basket for Christmas so it only made since that I should eat them to show that I was greatfull! I thought "hey I should make banana bread! but I don't know how to make it". So I went to the place which I go to find the answers to all of lives hard questions, yahoo answers, and got an amazing recipe. This was so straight forward, and the bread turned out great! I've been snacking on it the last few days, I've never tasted such a good bread. It turned out perfect. So just in case y'all are wondering what the recipe is, here I'll share it with you.

Banana Bread Recipe

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)I used 3/4 and it was just the right amount
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

1 comment:

S'mee said...

loooove banana bread! Glad yours turned out good!