Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas is the best!

I love Christmas! It is one of my favorite holidays. I love setting up a Christmas tree, spending time with family, attempting to cook goodies. I love to sit by the fireplace at my parents home and just hang out/sing Christmas songs/ talk about things that happened when we were kids that my parents never found out about! I love to window shop-- I like for two reasons 1) I have no money so I couldn't buy anything even if I wanted to and 2) I don't have to stand in line to buy something! Another thing I love to go look at Christmas lights, right now there are still more that need to be put up in my neighborhood but the few that are finished are really cool. I love that my heart is softened I and have more compassion for those who have less then I. I love getting Christmas cards. I love to say "Merry Christmas". I love listing to Christmas music. I love reading about the birth of Jesus.

Christmas time is such a wonderful time mainly because it's the time that I seem to remember what Jesus did for me. How He alone loved me so much that he suffered and died for me. And I get this time of year to celebrate His birth and remember Him. Many times in my life I have questioned His existence and I'm sure again I'll question whether or not He's really there. I've come to believe that is the purpose of life. In other words to keep convincing OURSELVES that God is really there, cares about us, and knows what's best for us and that is why we should follow Him. Go see Even Almighty, it's a great movie that really tells how God will give us things that we don't understand to help us and our families.

Last night I got sooooo excited about Christmas and I was all alone in my apartment-- so I surprised my parents by going to their house and spending the night and to today with them. My mother can play the piano so amazingly (if thats the right way to spell it!) I love to hear her play. Well I asked her to play some Christmas songs, just for the fun of it. As she was playing one of the songs I think it's called, Mary's boy child, me and little D started singing along. My other sisters who were around must of heard us singing so off key and were attempting to save my poor mother from the off tuned voices joined in singing with us. It was amazing to say the least... all six of us girls were singing songs as my mother played. Man, I think everyone it that room felt the Spirit of Christmas. I loved it. I'm looking forward to singing Christmas songs with my brothers and sisters and their children.

No comments: