Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sermon of One

Today it was my weekend to work. My first procedure was not until 11am so I was able to sleep in. I did miss church still. After work I went to visit my parents and had a great discussion about world events. When I came home Baby Bird (my niece who's 5) is sick so I sat on the couch and held her. She's not normally very cuddly so it was kinda special to hold her and talk to her. 

After she relaxed more I spent the rest of my evening reading the scriptures (giving myself my own personal sermon). I started out in D&C 88, I've been taking several days to finish the section I want to really understand it. I came to verse 118  And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of  wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. Afterwards, I went to John and was reading more when a particular scripture again stuck out  Jesus had washed his disciples feet he said to them in John 13:17 "If ye know these things, happy  are ye if ye do them". 

What I learned from those scriptures although my faith is weak keep studying, look for opportunities to learn, and apply what I learn to my life and in return "happy are ye if ye do them". 



This is from my trip to Paris last year, it has nothing to do with this post. 

No comments: