Sunday, June 22, 2008

Red-- Master Floor Layer!

The last few days have been fully booked with projects at the new place. I'm learning a lot from this experience; such as when paint, the parts you can't reach the first time and you come back to with a smaller brush, well thats called "cutting in". I've learned that I am a VERY poor painter but that my sister Ebster is as amazing and FAST painter.

I've learned that Lowe's carpeting says they will have the carpeting in the house in 3 days, but sadly it is not true we are going on 2 1/2 weeks. Hopefully they will get the be putting it in on the 27th.

One of the funnest things I've learned is how to lay laminate flooring down. As I finished the last little bit of the entry way I felt that I had accomplished a great task. It looks so good. I realize that the flooring is made in such a way that an idiot can do it. Getting everything to line up just right and cutting the ones to fit right is somewhat difficult. Surprisingly it goes pretty fast. Anyways thats done, on to the bathroom.... OH JOY!!!!

Where I'm moving there is only one option for internet service and I think the price per month is too high, and as of the moment I've not signed up for it. I'm sure I'll buckle in and get it but I'll put it off as long as I can.

The house almost looks like a new place. There were several dead cotton wood trees on the property, my dad came by the other day with his handy dandy chainsaw, no more trees!!! Just getting rid of those gives the outside a facelift.

A few days ago I spoke this a contractor person who said that I don't have to get a permit in order to stucco the house, which makes me happy!! So I'll be saving my pennies and someday I'll get that done.

Here are a few pictures; sorry they are such a poor quality I took them with my cell phone.



The hallway does not lean this bad in real life My room is the 3rd on the right. The hallway is sky blue someday it will have clouds and a dorky saying as you walk in....

My amazing flooring skills!!!

3 comments:

S'mee said...

the house looks so cool! You did an amazing job on the floors! I'm so excited!

Red said...

thanks s'mee! sorry it's taking me so long to responded my e-mail isn't sending me anything when people leave comments.

Ebster The Mormonhippie said...

Sweet!!!!!! I was hoping to take some pix like these, we need to take summore!