Thursday, May 29, 2008

What To Do

Well in just a couple of hours I'll be going back to work for another fun filled night in the ER. The thing is that I can hardly stand it. The stress level is literally killing me. I hate night shift I hardly sleep during the day. I have a chronic headache. And I feel like my career as an RN was a complete waste of time and money. My co-workers are the most perverted, lazy, and whinny bunch of people I've worked with. They make work messirable. The patients I don't have any problems with in fact most of them are cooler then my co-workers. I dislike so much about this job about the only thing I like is the money. I've not been very good about handling this increased stress I've become a stress eater. It's strange that when I eat it actually releases my anxiety/stress about going to work. I need to find a better stress reliever.

I'm supposed to stay at my current job for a year. If I leave early I loose my sign on bonus and will likely have a very hard time getting another job. This hospital has spent a lot of money training me to be a nurse (I was told once that the hospital has spent about $60,000 to train me). I dread every day going to work.

Anywho I can't change much of that but the good news is that I'll be getting the keys to my house June 7th. I'm very much looking forward to it. It will need a lot of work but thats ok, it will give me something to do.

That's all for now I'll try to keep up a little bit better on blogging.

2 comments:

S'mee said...

Our #1 said he found a large percentage of his ER co-workers less than pleasant as well. He was surprised at the non-professionalism, the "jokes", the language, and the after hours (personal)info that was discussed- even in front of patients. Appalling.

I am very excited about your house! Can't wait to see the blog posts on it!

Ebster The Mormonhippie said...

K red, this is why I know you'd like maternity better