Sunday, August 12, 2012

YSA Conference Notes

This weekend I went to a Young Single Adult (YSA) Conference which my church puts on. It was a wonderful experience. Set me on fire! Here are a few of my notes from some of the classes.

***Saturday morning 1st Speaker: Spencer Holloway. This gentleman was around 23 and I could tell he was pretty nervous. He did a good job. My notes were horrible for this one.He discussed the importance of service. And how often we feel poorly equipped for the job of helping others. He quoted Winston Churchill "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat". Likely the most important "service" will be taking care of are family.

***Saturday morning 2nd Speaker: Sheri Dew. Very neat discussion. Left me with much to think about. A few points she brought up were -Thank Heavenly Father for requiring so much-God has high expectations for us.-Realized that the hereafter will be more important/the goal not the present. And live your life accordingly.Other points:1. Find out who I am. Abraham 3:22-232. Find the Savior. Luke 4:18 Study Jesus and really get to know him on a deeper level. 3. Ask Heavenly Father to help you learn the language of the spirit.

No comments: